More hull repairs

Got over to the shop for a 4+ hour session Saturday night. I taped off the hull under the gunwales and sanded then oiled the rails except for the very top on both ends. At the stems I made a dam and worked  neat epoxy with sawdust mixed in into the gaps to fill. Came back today to remove the plastic and any embedded tape while the resin was still soft. I may want to do a little more filling but generally I’m happy with the result.

I also got the remainder of the damaged gelcoat taped off and will sand and possibly epoxy next visit. We shall see .

Want to maybe come by for an hour this week to get another coat of oil applied and maybe wet sanded.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *